PeruCrew
Wednesday, May 25, 2005
 
Back to normal
Well the team left a couple days ago and we are back to life as normal. I am giving a windows test today. We will see how well my students have learned. Most of them are pretty sharp and pick things up pretty easily, but there are 2 or 3 in every class that just seem unable to learn. I have a hard time keeping my patience sometimes.

Summer has arrived and it hasn't really rained more then 30 minutes in the last 10 days and it is really hot. Last year was cool compared to this year. Even at 10 at night our house is toasty. We just had a ceiling fan installed which is nice. It keeps the air circulating.

We went to our first quinceñera last Saturday for the daughter of Victor and Anita Mendoza, the directors of the Refuge. It was quite the party. For those of you not familiar, a quinceñara is a party that is thrown for a girl when she turns 15. It is the age when the parents present the girl to the society and she becomes a señorita rather then a niña (child). There must have been 250 people there. It was the first time in my life that I have eaten a hunk of pork at 12:30 at night. It was good. You should try it sometime. Midnight pork-fest. I love Peruvian food.

|


<< Home

Powered by Blogger