PeruCrew
Tuesday, April 12, 2005
 
New Classes
Sorry for the blogging hiatus. I have been really busy with the start of classes at the Refuge of Hope. I have 60 students this year, up from 40 last year. This means we had to split into 3 classes of 20. Each class is 90 minutes so I am in class from 1pm to 6pm. The bulk of the class this year are between the ages of 17 and 24. About 25% of the class are physically handicapped students that live at the Refuge. They seem like a good group of students. It is nice to start from the first day of class with them. It is also nice that my Spanish is much improved over last year. This year the students expect to be able to understand me and do which is nice. They occasionally have to ask for clarification, but normally there isn't too much of a problem. Javier, the other teacher, will not be in class Tuesdays and Thursdays starting in a couple weeks. He is teaching in the mornings these days so I will have the class to myself those days.

|


<< Home

Powered by Blogger