PeruCrew
Monday, September 27, 2004
 
Well the Miss Refuge of Hope was a smashing success. I will post pictures soon. And if I have to say so myself, I think I have a future in beauty pageant judging. It was girls from age 4 to 6th grade and they were super cute. There were 4 different queens chosen. Two different age groups for both regular and mentally handicapped students. They dressed up in dress typical to the region as well as the fancy evening gowns. There must have been 400 people there between kids and family.

Friday was the coronation and Tricia and I went just to watch, but they ended up having us crown one of the queens. We don't really blend in to the crowd here and often end up being up front which is sometimes uncomfortable, but that is the way of it I guess. The people back at the refuge are super nice and it was a lot of fun being involved. Hopefully I will get to judge next year too.

|


<< Home

Powered by Blogger