PeruCrew
Wednesday, September 08, 2004
 
Taking advantage of a slower afternoon at work I am posting the second blog of my life. I think we have finally found a routine of life in Pucallpa...shopping no longer takes all day Saturday, I no longer scream when a frog jumps at me from the dirty dishes, I am getting used to the new red highlights in my hair from the rusty pipes, I can recognize in the wind when I should pack my rain poncho, I know the name of the girl I buy bread from, and in general I am feeling a lot less like a fish out of water. (That is not to say that I am looking any less like a fish out of water though!) We have hosted our last work team for the year, and I have had a couple weeks to really get the finances organized and caught up in the office. With some extra time now, I am thinking of joining Mark at the Refuge one afternoon to tutor the kids in math--I am just working on getting up my courage to start tutoring in Spanish! Mark and I start teaching English "classes" for the FHI staff next week...we really have no idea what we are doing, but that is nothing new these days and I think that it will be fun both for us and for the staff!


|


<< Home

Powered by Blogger