PeruCrew
Sunday, September 12, 2004
 
Extreme. That is the word that describes life here at times. Everything is just much stronger, hotter, slower, louder, or faster, ...extreme. This morning we had an "extreme" thunder storm that scared the living daylights out of me. At 5:00 I woke up to bright flashes of lightning, lighting up the bedroom and screams from the people at the all night discoteca a property down that were having to call it a night as the rain started. I laid awake and watched the room turn an eerie orange color as the storm moved right overhead. Soon the lightning and thunder were coming closer and closer together. It sounded as if worlds were colliding somewhere, it was unbelievably loud, rolling, immensely powerful thunder. After about 10 minutes of this the room turned a brilliant white and at the same time the loudest thunder I have ever heard in my life shook the house. Mark and I lay there frozen, waiting to hear the field in flames or something, sure it must have hit right outside the back door. It was so loud. So loud. I felt the size of an ant, completely powerless, yet completely amazed at the power of nature-- and even more in awe at the overwhelming power and sovereignty of its Creator. After the lightning passed, the rains came...and it was an extreme rain. We woke up this morning to find curtains blown off the windows, the entire living room soaking wet, the place was a bit of a wreck. Mark thought it all very "cool", but I would be okay not repeating such an experience for a while.


|


<< Home

Powered by Blogger