PeruCrew
Friday, August 13, 2004
 
There is now updated info about getting to Brazil from Pucallpa over on the Pucallpa page of our website.

Also, if I were a polytheist, I would think that the computer gods were aligned against me. Yesterday my nearly brand new laptop fritzed out on me and now will not load Windows. I haven't had time to try and fix it yet, but I think it was having troubles with the hard drive. This does not make me a happy camper after I have spent the last 3 weeks installing, repairing, and replacing a never-ending number of computers fried by a lightning strike.

On a brighter note, this afternoon I will be taking the donated computers (actually a combination of the donated computers and computers from the FH office that we replaced with the donated computers) over to the Refuge of Hope. Class starts again Monday after a 2 week break and there will be newer computers for everybody! Now all we are missing is monitors. We can double the number of computers (and therefore students) in the class if we continue to use the older computers. But in order to do that we need to get monitors.

Also, everybody in the office is now running Windows XP on more then adequate computers so the donation has made a big difference. It makes my life easier not having to work on Windows98 here in the office. My next task is to set up a backup system for the office. We lost data when the lightning struck and I don't want that to happen again.


|


<< Home

Powered by Blogger