PeruCrew
Tuesday, August 31, 2004
 
Sorry about the light blogging the past few weeks. Not having a laptop has affected my ability to get online when I want. We just got done helping with a Japanese team which was really a great and a lot of fun. They funded the construction of a community center in one of our communities. It is quite a large building that the school and community can use for meetings. It was very cool to work with the Japanese team. Everybody on the team understood at least a little English which made it easier to communicate. However, I kept forgetting and speaking Spanish to them because in the last year anybody who I have talked to that is not a native English speaker is a Spanish speaker and I am just used to it.

We had a 3 day weekend this weekend which was nice. I am now teaching every afternoon at the Refuge (5 hours of class every day) which is cool. I am able to understand the students better this semester and answer their questions easier. The new computers are very helpful. We have a class of 20 instead of 16 because we have more computers. What we are missing now is monitors.

I am now working on setting up a backup system for the office. When the lightning struck, we lost a hard drive and quite a bit of info because there was no backup. We will see how it turns out. We are also probably going to start teaching English before work a couple days a week for the FH staff.

That's it for now, but I will try to blog more frequently then I have.




|


<< Home

Powered by Blogger