PeruCrew
Wednesday, February 18, 2004
 
I need to blog about Pucallpa, but there is a lot to say so I will just start chipping away at it.

The computer center at the Refuge of Hope is pretty dilapidated. In fact, the whole school is. The climate is hard on buildings and they don't have money to keep things up well. There are 6 working computers in the lab. Two are Pentiums and are decent enough to run Windows 98. The rest are 486´s and are running Windows95. It gives me a headache just looking at them. I'm hoping to get computers donated and brought down with a team that is coming toPucallpaa in June. Anybody out there have a Pentium II 600Mhz or better computer they want to donate to a school for physically handicapped kids?

I also found out that the school is semi-public as the teachers are paid by the government.

The other computer teacher at the Refuge seems really nice and seems to be doing a good job with what he has. I look forward to working with him.

I'll blog more on Pucallpa later.

|


<< Home

Powered by Blogger